Tranquil Tulips is one of my favorite hostess set, if you haven't already guessed. Today's tutorial is not technically a "fun" fold. More of a fun technique that looks way harder than it actually is.
4-1/4" x 11" Thick Whisper White card stock, scored at 5-1/2" (card base)
4" x 5-1/4" Berry Burst card stock
3-3/4" x 5" Whisper White card stock (card front layer)
scrap pieces of Whisper White and Berry Burst card stock for sentiment
- Place the largest Square Stitched Shapes framelit on the 3-3/4" x 5" Whisper White card stock. Center the Stitched Shape framelits as show in the picture and mark the corners in pencil.
- Stamp the tulips using the pencil marks as guidelines. Place the largest square (Stitched Shapes) back on the pencil marks and place the #6 square (1 being the smallest square) of the Layering Squares framelits inside the other die. You may want to secure it in place with a sticky note and run it through the Big Shot.
- You will now have a stitched frame and a square piece. Remove and set aside the stitched frame and square piece. Layer the stamped piece on to the Berry Burst card stock.
- Lay the stitched square frame back in to the square (do not use any adhesive). Use this as a guide to place the smaller square. Apply adhesive to the smaller square and place it inside of the stitched frame. Be sure to check that the stamped design matches up.
- Remove the stitched frame. Apply strips of the Foam Adhesive strips to the back of the frame. Attach it back into the open frame on the card front layer. Tie the ribbon around the card front. Layer this whole piece on to the card base.
- Stamp sentiment of your choice and cut out using the Layering Oval framelits. Attach it to the card using dimensionals.
That is it! On the original card I shared, the sentiment was stamped in the square. This requires a little more planning but now that you know how to make this card you know what you need to do to do that too! If you need any supplies please click on any of the pictures in the Products chart and it will take you to my online store. I would appreciate it