I hope you are not sick of the little chick. I filmed a quick video on how to make the flower pot from this post.
After filming the video I started thinking about how I could use the little chick for place cards for Easter dinner. Here's what I came up with.
Instead of the "Happy Easter" you could write a name. Wouldn't this be so cute at each person's place setting? Here are the measurements so you can make these mini versions.
1. Cut a piece of Cajun Craze card stock 2 1/2" x 5 1/2".
2. Score at 1/2", 2 1/2", 3", 3 1/2".
3. Fold at the 3" score line and measure in 3/8" from either end.
4. Cut from the fold line to the 1/2" score line on both sides.
5. Fold the bottom folds like a "W" and fold the 1/2" flap down.
6. Wrap ribbon around the lip and the back of the pot and tie a bow. Insert chick and attach it to the pot with a glue dot.
7. Cut a 1/8" strip of Chocolate Chip card stock and attach a flag to it. Attach the strip to the chick.
Isn't it strange how one thing leads to another? Well then I thought why not make a flowerpot card that stands up on its own?
Here are the measurements to make a stand up flowerpot card.
1. Cut a piece of Cajun Craze card stock 9 1/2" x 4 1/4".
2. Score at 1", 4 1/2", 5 1/4", 6".
3. Fold card at 5 1/4" score line. Measure in 3/4". Repeat on the other side.
4. Cut from the foldine to the 1" score line. Do not cut the 1" lip.
5. Fold score lines into a "W". Secure the opening with ribbon.
Stand Up Version of Chicks in a Pot
I hope the tutorial and the different size options wilbe helpful to you. Have a wonderful Friday and hope you get to stamp this weekend! Be sure to tell me about all the fun things you made.