Here's another sneak peek from the upcoming Holiday Catalog called Acorny Thanks and the long awaitedLatch Card tutorial. Acorny Thanks also has a coordinating punch to cut out the acorns appropriately called Acorn Builder. Effective September 1, you will be able to purchase this as part of a bundle and save 15% or purchase them individually.
You will need :
*5-1/2" x 7" scored at 2-3/4"(see photo 1) 3" x 3" Soft Suede card stock, 1-1/2" x 5-3/4" scored at 2-7/8"
* 2-1/2" x 5-1/4" piece of DSP (Into the Woods DSP)
* 4" x 5-1/4" and 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" Whisper White card stock
*2-3/4" x 2-3/4" Old Olive card stock
2. Attach the 1-1/2" x 5-3/4" Soft Suede strip at the score line to the back of the 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White piece.
3. Layer this onto the card base. Adhere the DSP to the right front of the card. Fold the 1-1/2" strip over to the DSP and make pencil marks along the edges of the strip. This will help you to position the Word Window punch.
4. Position the word window punch so the edge of the punch lines up with the fold in the card base and the pencil marks are evenly spaced and punch.
5. Apply adhesive to half of the 1-1/2" strip and attach the 3" x 3" Soft Suede piece. Stamp the 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" piece and layer onto the Old Olive piece (2-3/4" x 2-3/4") and then on to the Soft Suede piece.
This is the latch and what keeps the card closed.
I hope this helps you create your own latch cards. If you have any questions please let me know. Again, I apologize for taking so long getting this posted. If you do not already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and would like a copy of the upcoming Holiday catalog please let me know and I will be happy to get one to you.