Are you ready for the Festive Friday Challenge? I cannot really explain it but this was a tough one for me.
I know it should have been an easy one since Stampin' Up!® just released a beautiful new stamp set called Sailing Home that features a lighthouse. For whatever reason I was stuck on using the alternate theme of Light Rays/Starburst. I tried lots of different ideas and all of them ended up in the recycle bin. The deadline was drawing near and I then I did something I rarely ever do...
Yes, I pulled out a set that is retired and used it for today's card. This is a kind of strange situation. The stamp set, Pocketful of Sunshine retired but the coordinating die, Pocket is still available in the 2019-20 Stampin' Up!® catalog. There is a new stamp set that does coordinate with the Pocket dies called Pocketful of Happiness. Everything that I inked is from the Pocketful of Sunshine stamp set and cut out using the Pocket die with the exception of the sentiment and the sun. I used the Stitched Rectangle dies to cut out the sentiment and the Stitched Shapes die to cut out the sun.
Here's how I made this card.
1. Cut a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" Balmy Blue card base and score at 4-1/4".
2. Cut a 4" x 5-1/4" Real Red layer and adhere it to the front of the Balmy Blue card base.
3. Cut a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" Whisper White layer and adhere it to the Real Red layer.
4. Cut a pocket from the Balmy Blue striped design from the Come Sail Away DSP.
5. Stamp in Balmy Blue ink the stitched pocket outline from the Pocketful of Sunshine stamp set on to the pocket.
6. Use the 2nd to the largest Stitched Circle and cut a Crushed Curry half circle. Adhere the half circle to the front of the Whisper White cs.
7. Attach the pocket over the stitched circle.
8. Stamp the "rays" 3 times using Tuxedo Black Memento ink on Crushed Curry card stock. Cut out using the Pockets dies.
9. Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue and apply a thin line of glue where you want to place a ray. Use the Take Your Pick tool to help pick up and place the rays. Repeat until all the rays are adhered.
10. Stamp the sunglasses in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on Daffodil Delight card stock. Die cut using the Pockets die. Attach to the pocket using Stampin' Dimensionals.
11. Cut a Real Red Stitched Rectangle and stamp the sentiment using Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Attach to the pocket using Stampin' Dimensionals.
12. Embellish using rhinestones.
I hope you will join in the challenge. I would love to see your project in the Festive Friday gallery, #FF0039!