Ready for another idea on how to use the Tasteful Textures Bundle?
You know I adore a black & white card with a pop of color. The pops of color are provided by the Floral Essence bundle. Why the Floral Essence bundle? I chose the Floral Essence stamp and punch because the shape of the petals mimics the look of this Tasteful Background die. It is almost as if they were meant for each other.
Here's how I made this card
1. Cut a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock. Use the Tasteful Background die and cut it 4-5 times through a die cutting machine.
2. Use the Stitched Rectangle die that cuts out a 3-3/8" x 4-3/4" rectangle and the die that cuts out a 2-1/4" x 3-5/8" rectangle and cut out a frame.
3, Set aside the frame. We will use it on tomorrow's card.
4. Cut a 2-5/8" x 4" Basic Black Stitched Rectangle. Layer the inner rectangle from the frame on to the stitched Rectangle.
5. Cut a 4-1/4" x 11" scored at 5-1/2" Thick Whisper White card stock card base. Layer the inner rectangle (step 4) on the front of the card base.
6. Stamp the 3 petal flower (from the Floral Essence stamp set) in Real Red ink on Whisper White card stock. Repeat. Use a blender pen and color in the petals using just the ink that is already on the petal. Punch out the petals using the Perennial Flower punch. Assemble the flower.
7. VersaMark a strip of Real Red card stock. Sprinkle Glittery Goodness mix (one part Dazzling Diamonds glitter & one part Clear Embossing powder) and heat emboss. Punch a 1/2" circle and attach it to the center of the flower. Use the Fine-Tip Glue pen and apply a layer of glue over the Real Red flower center. Set aside to dry.
8. Stamp in Old Olive ink on Old Olive card stock the leaf from the Floral Essence stamp set. Punch out using the Leaf punch.
9. Use a Basic Black marker or carefully ink up just the "Thanks" (part of a sentiment in the Tasteful Textures stamp set) and stamp on a strip of Whisper White card stock. Cut out using the Stitched Rectangle die 7/8" x 2-7/8".
10. Attach the sentiment strip (trim one end so it doesn't extend past the black layer 2-5/8") using Stampin' Dimensionals. Attach the flower using a Stampin' Dimensional. Tuck in the leaves and attach using glue dots.
Below you will find all the supplies I used to make this card. Click on the link/picture to easily shop for supplies. Remember July is Bonus Days! For every $50 (US) you spend in July you will receive a coupon for $5 you can spend in August!
If your shopping list is long, maybe it is time to sign up for the ultimate kit. In July and August when you become a Stampin' Up!® demonstrator your fully customizable kit includes an extra $30 worth of product for the same low price of $99! In addition, you will receive a $10 coupon the following month for you to spend!. Contact me for more information! I would love for you to be a part of my team!
Be sure to come back tomorrow to see the card I made using the frame portion!