I have a fun card today featuring the On to Adventure stamp set and a tutorial.
This easel card is fashioned after an easel card I made for the Paper Pumpkin Possibilities Blog Hop. Here's the card.
I received a lot of questions on how I made this card so i thought I would do a quick tutorial for you.
I am starting with a pre-made card base. The one I am using is not currently available.
1. Use a paper trimmer and cut starting from the middle (2-3/4") of the card fold to the bottom edge of the front of the card base. Once you understand the basics of this card you can choose to make your easel different sizes.
2. Score one of flaps (card front) at 2-1/8". Apply adhesive to the other flap and secure.
3. Stamp the image with Tuxedo Black Memento ink on Whisper White card stock and color using Stampin' Blends. Cut the image out using the Stitched Shapes dies. Cut a coordinating scalloped circle from the Layering Circles framelits in Soft Suede ink.
4. Stamp "Congratulations" sentiment with Tuxedo Black Memento ink on a 3/4" x 3-1/2" strip of Whisper White card stock. Line up the strip so it lines up with the edge of the closed flap and attach the other end to the Soft Suede scalloped circle.
5. Fussy cut the leaves and rose images from the Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP. Arrange some roses and leaves around the main image and attach them to the back of the Whisper White stitched circle. Sandwich the flowers and leaves with the Soft Suede scalloped circle
6. Attach a flower and leaf to the back of the sentiment strip.
7. Cut a 1/2" x 2-3/4" strip of DSP and attach it to the inside of the card. Stamp "Follow your Bliss!" on Whisper White card stock and cut out using the Layering Circles dies. Cut a coordinating Soft Suede scalloped circle. Adhere the Whisper White circle on to the Soft Suede. Attach it to the DSP strip using a Stampin' Dimensional. This will act as the "stop" for the easel.
Now you know how to make an easel card. It is easy and now you can play around with different widths and orientations of your easels.
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and spotlight on the On to Adventure stamp set! If you have any questions please leave me a comment. Here's a list of the supplies I used. You can click on any link and it will take you to my online store. Thank you!