Detailed Bee Dies & the Golden Honey DSP
January 09, 2020
Today the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge is a sketch, #CCMC594.
Sometimes it takes me a long time to figure out what to make with the sketch but this card came together quickly. I had some Stained Glass die cuts sitting on my desk along with a gold foil bee and the rest was pretty easy.
- Basic Black card stock 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2".
- 3" x 5-3/8" piece of Golden Honey Specialty DSP (this is free with a qualifying order, part of Sale-A-Bration) . Adhere it to the Basic Black card front
- Use the Stained Glass die and cut a frame from Basic Black.
- Cut a 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" Gold Foil square. Carefully apply glue to the Basic Black Stained Glass frame and adhere to the Gold Foil square.
- Cut a 2" x 2" Whisper White square and adhere to the center of the frame.
- Use the large bee die and cut the bee from a 1-1/2" x 3" piece of Gold Foil. Apply glue to the body and legs of the bee and attach it to the Whisper White square. Use a Black Stampin' Write marker or stampin' Blend and color in the head and body.
- Attach the square to the card front.
- Use a Black Stampin' Write marker and ink "thinking of you" from the Very Versailles stamp set.
- Cut out sentiment using the die from the Stitched Rectangles. Use Stampin' Dimensionals and attach to the card.
- Cut 3 Real Red hearts ( 2 small, 1 large) using the Stitched Be Mine dies. Attach using Stampin' Dimensionals one heart to the bee and one the end of the sentiment.
- Attach a 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White card stock to the inside of the card. Attach a 1/2" x 4" piece of the Golden Honey DSP to the inside of the card. Attach a heart to the strip.
Be sure to check out what the other members of the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge team created with the sketch.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! All of the products I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The Host Code for January is FTCKVA4N. When you place a Stampin' Up!® order using this code I will send you a project tutorial. If your order is $60 or more I will also send you a package of Champagne Rhinestones as a thank you gift. This gift will be sent in early February.
Please do NOT use the host code if your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping). You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive a project tutorial and a gift from me.