Honey Bee Bundle & the Golden Honey DSP
January 10, 2020
Yes, I am posting another sample using the Honey Bee bundle (January-June 2020 Mini Catalog aka JJ20MC) and the Golden Honey Specialty DSP (Sale-A-Bration 2020 aka SAB 2020). These products are a joy to create with.
Today's Festive Friday Challenge is #50, #FF50!! The festivity that is inspiring the Inspo list for #FF50 is Inspire Your Heart with Art Day, which is celebrated on January 31.
I love the Inspo list which makes it easy to participate in the challenge. I chose rainbows, stitching, and die cuts.
Here's how I made this card.
- Basic Black cs- 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored at 4-1/4". Whisper White cs 4" x 5-1/4" adhere to the inside of the card
- 2-1/2" x 5-1/2" Black & White Striped pattern from the Golden Honey Specialty DSP
- Color the white stripes in rainbow colors (ROYBGIV) I used Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, Shaded Spruce, Coastal Cabana, Highland Heather. All are the light Stampin' Blends except for Coastal Cabana-Stampin' Write Marker) I just realized my rainbow is not in ROYGBIV order!
- Cut the rainbow stripe at 1/2" and trim it to 5-1/4" and adhere it to the inside of the card.
- Adhere the 2" x 5-1/2" strip to the front of the card.
- Cut 3 Whisper White scallop stitched rectangles using the #3 (#1 being the smallest) rectangle die from the Stitched So Sweetly dies
- Adhere them to the front of the card
- Stamp in Tuxedo Black Memento ink 1 each of the flowers. Cut out using the Detailed Bee Dies.
- Color the flowers using the Daffodil Delight & Shaded Spruce Light Stampin' Blends.
- Tie a black ribbon around the card and tie a bow.
- Adhere the flowers to the rectangles using Mini Stampin' Dimensional
- Cut a stitched circle using the Stitched Shapes #3 circle die (#1 being the smallest circle) in Whisper White.
- Cut a large bee in Basic Black using the Detailed Bee dies. Glue down the body, legs, head on the stitched circle, leaving the wings free. Color in the body using the Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Real Red Light Stampin' Blends
- Stamp the sentiment from the Honey Bee stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink
- Stamp the large bee in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and color in the body using a Daffodil Delight Light Stampin' Blend. Attach the bee to the inside of the card.
I hope you will join in the fun of the Festive Friday Challenges. We would love to see your card, 3-D, layout in the gallery!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! All of the products I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The Host Code for January is FTCKVA4N. When you place a Stampin' Up!® order using this code I will send you a project tutorial. If your order is $60 or more I will also send you a package of Champagne Rhinestones as a thank you gift. This gift will be sent in early February.
Please do NOT use the host code if your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping). You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive a project tutorial and a gift from me.
I was just admiring your Honeybee Bundle project that turned out to be a winner! The colors and choices you used to make this sweet card bounce off the screen. Thanks for sharing.
Posted by: marlene | January 10, 2020 at 05:53 PM
How smart to color in the DSP with your rainbow colors! I really love how the colors pop against the black :D
Posted by: NMWatt | January 11, 2020 at 06:23 PM
Oh my gosh, Sharon! I LOVE the rainbow stripes on this card! Your rainbow bee is pretty dang cute, too!
Posted by: Ann Schach | January 11, 2020 at 07:14 PM
Sharon, I absolutely love this! Fabulous way to incorporate the rainbow with the DSP and that bee just makes me smile. Such a fabulous card!
Posted by: Anne Marie Hile | January 12, 2020 at 10:08 AM