Last week there were a lot of hearts, reds and pinks on the blog. This week it is Black, White, Red, and poppies, at least for today and tomorrow.
This is the first time I used the Painted Poppies stamp set and it only seemed right to pair it with my favorite Sale-A-Bration choice, the Golden Honey Specialty DSP. This is a tri-fold card and I haven't made this card style in quite a while. You can see a tutorial HERE. The scoring and products used are a little different but the concept is the same.
This isn't a difficult style of card to make at all. It is a fun way to show off how nicely your DSP patterns coordinate.
- Basic Black CS 4-1/4" x 11" scored at 3" and 7"
- Black & White stripe from the Golden Honey Specialty DSP 2-3/4"x 4" and 1/2"x 4" (inside of the card)
- Black & White hexagon pattern 3-3/4" x 4"
- Whisper White (inside of the card) 2-1/4" x 4"
- Largest Circle die from the Layering Circles
- #7 Circle and #7 scalloped circle (#1 being the smallest circle)
- 5 Tiny butterflies cut from the Butterfly Beauty dies out of Black Glimmer paper (unfortunately this is a retired product. It was so perfect for the project, I decided to use it!))
Inside I used one of the die cuts from the Peaceful Poppies Elements, strip of DSP and a black glitter butterfly.
I colored the poppies with the Poppy Parade Stampin' Blends Combo pack. It is quick and easy to color in.
Hope you enjoyed today's project. Below I have listed all the products I used to make this card with links to where you can find them.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! All of the products I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The Host Code for January is FTCKVA4N. When you place a Stampin' Up!® order using this code I will send you a project tutorial. If your order is $60 or more I will also send you a package of Champagne Rhinestones as a thank you gift. This gift will be sent in early February.
Please do NOT use the host code if your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping). You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive a project tutorial and a gift from me.