I am loving the Birthday dies (Coordination Product release) that coordinate with the Happy Birthday to You stamp set (Sale-A-Bration). They were a perfect combo to use for this week's Create with Connie & Mary challenge, #CCMC598.
Here's how I made this card.
- Cut a Petal Pink card base 4-1/4" x 5-1/2". Cut a Petal Pink layer 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" and emboss using the Subtle 3-D folder
- Cut a 2-1/2" x 4-1/8" piece of Petal Pink vellum (Perennial Essence Vellum Cardstock) and die cut using the Delicate Lace die.
- Run a line of SNAIL adhesive along the top edge of the Vellum and adhere to the Petal Pink embossed layer.
- Tie a small Petal Pink 1/4" Metallic-Edge Ribbon bow around the Petal Pink embossed layer covering the strip of SNAIL adhesive.
- Stamp the flowers from the Happy Birthday to You SAB stamp set on Shimmery White CS with VersaMark ink and heat emboss using White embossing powder.
- Color the image using Petal Pink, Daffodil Delight , and Pear Pizzazz ink refills and an Aqua Painter.
- Cut out the flowers using the Birthday Dies from the Coordination Product release.
- Cut out the largest circle (Whisper White CS) and the coordinating scalloped circle (Champagne Foil) using the Layering Circle dies.
- Stamp the sentiment (By the Dock stamp set) in Basic Gray ink on the white CS.
- Adhere the Whisper White circle to the Champagne Foil scalloped circle using SNAIL adhesive.
- Adhere the circles to the Petal Pink layer.
- Adhere the flowers to the Whisper White circle using Stampin' Dimensionals. TIP- I position the Dimensionals towards the center of the die cut. This way I can tuck in and arrange the foliage easily.
- Cut out Pear Pizzazz leaves using the Birthday dies. There are 2 leaves on each die (yay!) and I started by cutting 2 each and added leaves until I liked how it looked.
- Tuck in the leaves and attach them using Mini Glue Dots.
- Adhere the embossed Petal Pink layer to the card base using SNAIL adhesive.
- Cut a 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White cs and attach it to the inside of the card. Cut a 1" x 4" piece of Petal Pink vellum. Cut the vellum using the Delicate Lace die.