Paper Pumpkin Possibilities Blog Hop...No Matter the Weather
March 31, 2020
Welcome to the Paper Pumpkin Pop Up Blog Hop! We are all fans of this monthly crafting kit and want to share with you our enthusiasm for this box of fun and creativity. The beauty of the Paper Pumpkin kit is that you can follow the directions provided in the kit to make the projects as they were designed, or use the supplies as a starting point and let your creativity run wild. On this hop we will be sharing lots of ideas with you on how to use the March Paper Pumpkin kit: No Matter the Weather.
This kit has got to be one of the best Paper Pumpkin kits ever! It is amazing how perfect the stamp set is for what we are going through in the world right now. In addition the die cuts are just so cute! To make things even better there's a bonus stamp set included that is full of fabulous images including a pair of flowery boots that I would love to wear.
I have been wanting to make a Quarter Sheet Pop Up card. On this card I used the die cuts and sentiment from the kit and added the grass/cattails using the Friendly Silhouettes dies. There is a lovely grass image in the bonus stamp set but I was being a bit lazy and didn't want to fussy cut. This grass/cattail die from the Friendly Silhouette dies is one I am very fond of.
Here are the details on how I made this card.
- Adhere 2 of the same note card together so that you have a larger background design.
- Trim the note cards to equal 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" with the fold (seam where you joined the 2 cards) in the center (2-3/4")
- 1-1/4" x 4-1/2" Balmy Blue strip, score at 1/2", 2-1/4", 4" decorate using the die cuts. Center the 2-1/4" score line with the center fold of the card. Attach the tabs to the card base.
- 1/2" x 6-1/2" Shaded Spruce strip, score 1/2" at both ends.
- 2-1/2" x 5-1/2" Shaded Spruce strip cut using the Friendly Silhouettes grass/cattail image. Adhere the grass/cattails to the back of the 1/2" x 6-1/2" strip and inside of the 1/2" score lines.
- Stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray ink (included in kit) and attach the heart die cut. Add glitter to heart if desired. Attach it to the front of the 1/2" x 6-1/2" strip. Adhere the strip (1/2" tabs) to the front of the card.
This card lays flat to mail (since it is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" it does not need to be folded and fits in an A-2 envelope). The card stands up nicely. The 2 strips bow out creating a nice pop up effect.
Are you currently a Paper Pumpkin subscriber? If not, now is a great time to join in the fun. Contact your demonstrator to get started or CLICK HERE* to subscribe.
Thank you for joining us as we share with you the possibilities of Paper Pumpkin, now hop over to Janey Backer's blog to see her fun creation.
PS If you are one of my Paper Pumpkin subscribers and want to make this card but do not have the Friendly Silhouettes dies, contact me!