March 19, 2021
The Brilliant Wings dies (which can be purchased alone or with the Butterfly Brilliance set) is a sneak peek from the 2021-22 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog that is available now.
I thought they would be perfect for the Festive Friday Challenge #FF0080.
To play along with the Festive Friday Challenge you need to use 3 of the items listed on the Inspo List on your project. Post your project in the Festive Friday gallery for everyone to admire, no later than Monday, March 29 4pm (CST). There are a few other rules that you can see here. If you want to be considered to be chosen as one of the 3 Festive Faves be sure to check out the rules. I will mention that one of the rules is that you cannot link your project to more than 2 other challenges (Festive Friday and 2 others).
I chose to use the elements ribbon, bright colors, blue, and butterfly.
- Use the detailed butterfly dies and cut 3 butterflies from a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" Bermuda Bay CS
- Emboss the Bermuda Bay CS using the Tasteful Textile 3D folder.
- Cut out 3 detailed butterflies in Black CS.
- Cut out Rainbow Glimmer Paper to go behind the Bermuda Bay butterfly cut outs. Secure the glimmer paper to the back of the Bermuda Bay CS
- Adhere the black butterflies into the cutouts on the Bermuda Bay CS.
- Tie a bow using the 3/8" Black Glittered ribbon around the bottom of the Bermuda Bay CS
- Layer the Bermuda Bay on to a 4" x 5-1/4" Black CS
- Layer on to a Bermuda Bay CS card base 4-1/4" x 11" scored at 5-1/2"
- Stamp sentiment on a Basic White Stitched Shapes Oval and layer on to black oval punched using the Double Oval Punch
- Attach sentiment to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals
- Jazz up the front using Elegant Faceted Gems
- Adhere a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Basic White CS to the inside of the card
- Added a 1/2" x 4" piece of Rainbow Glimmer Paper and an extra butterfly to the Basic White CS on the inside of the card
Be sure to check out what the rest of the Festive Friday Design team made for #FF0080.
Sharon Hashimoto Burkert- You are here
Judy Rozema-off this week
I will be looking for your beautiful project in the gallery!
Thank you for stopping by!
Beautiful, Sharon! I love the butterflies against the Tasteful Textile background. The Elegant Faceted Gems are the perfect accents. Clean and stunning!
Posted by: Ann Wilcox Schach | March 19, 2021 at 07:12 AM
Beautiful card Sharon, I have to say I love how you used that brightly colored glitter paper, perfect backing for the details on the butterflies!
Posted by: Melanie Hungerford | March 19, 2021 at 08:19 AM
Such a pretty card, Sharon! I love it that you used the Rainbow Glimmer Paper for the butterflies!
Posted by: Beth McCullough | March 19, 2021 at 02:48 PM
Beautiful card Sharon! I love the colours!
Posted by: Melva Peters | March 19, 2021 at 06:53 PM
Your card is gorgeous, and I always love the way you decorate the inside of your cards. They are so very special. Beautiful design, wonderful texture. I love this.
Posted by: Stephanie Lanzalotto | March 19, 2021 at 07:54 PM