Welcome to the Stampers Dozen Blog Hop! This month we are focusing on Tools. Sounds like an easy one but I found it difficult trying to decide. So many tools came to mind, some I use every time I stamp and others are only used in certain situations but are lifesavers.
Yup, I chose my Paper Snips. It is an essential tool and I use them every time I stamp. I use them to cut my Stampin' Dimensionals to just the right size. I use them to grab embellishments and place them on my projects. I use them to cut out DSP images that do not have a coordinating die. The list goes on and on. They are sharp and cut all the way to the tip making it easy to fussy cut. Lately I have been using them a lot to cut out sentiments like the ones found in the Biggest Wish and the Create with Friends stamp set. I love the fonts and since there are no dies for these stamps I fussy cut them out using my Paper Snips.
I inked up the large flower from the beautiful Artistically Inked stamp set in Gorgeous Grape ink and the center in Crushed Curry. I marvel at how the stamp is created to achieve this look. I added a few Mint Macaron leaves and die cut the flower and leaves using the Artistic Dies. I added a few loops of silver cord using the Simply Elegant Trim and some Metallic Pearls in silver.
I embossed the happy from the Biggest Wish set using White embossing powder on Vellum. I partially stamped birthday in Versamark on vellum, embossed it using White embossing powder and did a little trimming with my Paper Snips so it says day. I attached the words to the flower using glue. I applied the glue behind the embossing so it doesn't show through.
Be sure to check out all the stops on the hop. I am looking forward to seeing what is everyone's favorite tool is.
Stamper's Dozen June 2021 Blog Hop
- Joanne Cantrell – Keep It Simple, Stampers
- Rachel Yurkanin – Rachel’s Stamping Place
- Debbie Naylor – Unfrogettable Stamping!
- Bonnie O'Neill – Bonnie Stamped
- Donna Burk Schneidtmiller – Donna Stamps
- Rose Grunewald – Country Cards by Rose
- Jodi Petersen – Jodi’s Card Designs
- Patty Chenail – Stamp-Patty’s - Stamping in My Flops
- BJ Peters – Create & Feel Great
- Judy Garza – Creativity Released
- Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – As the Ink Dries
- Carol Payne – Carol Payne Stamps
Thank you for stopping by and I would love to know what your favorite tool is. Let me know in the comments.