It is Thursday and I am back with a card for the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge. This week the challenge is a color challenge, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, and Pecan Pie.
I have been wanting to play with the Enduring Beauty bundle, coming in the 2024 January-April Mini Catalog. This bundle contains a stamp set, dies and masks. If you like coloring techniques then this bundle is for you. So many ways to color the image.
I stamped the image in Pecan Pie ink on Very Vanilla cardstock. I used the masks, Blending Brushes, and ink pads to color the flowers and leaves. To get the different intensity of color, on the first application of Cherry Cobbler ink I brushed off some of the color before applying it to the mask. When I colored the shading I brushed off less ink to get a darker color. I did the same thing on the leaves with Old Olive ink. The sentiment is from the Darling Details stamp set and was inked in Pecan Pie. The fun embellishments are from the Opaque Faceted Gems, a FREE Sale-A-Bration choice with a $50 order (US). The gems come in 2 sizes and 3 colors-Calypso Coral, Pecan Pie and Pool Party. In total there are 150 adhesive backed gems. Love this Sale-A-Bration choice.
The image is layered on Pecan Pie cardstock cut using the Perennial Postage dies. Behind the Pecan Pie layer is a Very Vanilla cardstock layer that has been embossed using the Layered Floral 3D Embossing Folder. This folder is gorgeous and embosses beautifully. The card base is 4-1/4" x 11" Pecan Pie card stock.
Here you can see the embossed design of the Layered Florals a little better. I did pop up the flowers using Stampin' Dimensionals. I am so happy to have some large florals to play with!
Inside i added another floral just to finish it off. Isn't it so cool that there is shading on the flower, all courtesy of the Enduring Beauty Masks.
Thank you for stopping by and be sure to check out the Enduring Beauty bundle in the 2024 January-April Mini Catalog!
Welcome to the Creativity Abounds Blog Hop! We are an international group of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators. We hop together on the third Wednesday of every month. Our hops focus around a particular bundle, holiday, occasion or product suite. This month we are focusing on Birthdays.
Every month we create a tutorial bundle. The tutorial bundle is available as a gift with a qualifying purchase or can also be purchased. We also have a stamp camp 3 times a year. The next camp will be on February 9th and 10th 2024 and feature the Notes of Nature bundle (coming soon in the 2024 January-April Mini Catalog)
I have a little sneak peek of products that are coming in the 2024 January-April Mini and Sale-A-Bration catalogs.
The beautiful roses are from a set/bundle called Stippled Roses. I am so happy that there are large floral images in the new mini catalog. I do love flowers and having a large image allows for lots of fun exploring different coloring ideas. On this card I used Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends. The images are detailed so they also look beautiful without any additional coloring. Around the flowers I also added a few leaves in Granny Apple Green cut using the coordinating Stippled Roses dies. Tucked behind some of the greenery is some Silver Twine and some Silver & White Sheer Ribbon.
The roses are mounted on Basic Black CS that was cut using the Everyday Details Dies. This is another new set of dies coming in the Mini Catalog. There are 11 dies in the set and I think they are going to be another go-to set of dies. Love the little dots around the edges.
The black and white DSP is a Sale-A-Bration choice (during Sale-A-Bration/Jan-Feb) when you place a qualifying order you can choose a free gift). It is called Softly Stippled and it coordinates with the Stippled Roses bundle. There is even more coordination between the Jan-April Mini and the Sale-A-Bration catalogs. This DSP is also versatile enough that it can be used with other stamp sets as well. The new mini and SAB both go live on Janaury 4th!.
Inside there is a spot to place a gift card. The card base is 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 2-1/4", 5-1/2". A half circle was punched out to make it easier to access the card. Both of the sentiments are from the Circle Sayings stamp set. Next to the Happy Birthday sentiment is an Adhesive-Backed Sparkle Gem.
Be sure to check out all the ideas on the hop! If you are interested in even more birthday card ideas we have tutorial full of birthday ideas. This is the card I made for the tutorial. You can receive the tutorial when you shop with me HERE or you can purchase it for $15.
Thanks for stopping by and have fun visiting all the stops on the hop!
It is Thursday and time for a new Create with Connie & Mary Challenge. This week it is a sketch challenge and it is for two weeks.
This is one of the rare times that I knew what supplies I wanted to use and what I was going to make for the challenge.
- Pretty Peacock card base 4-1/4" x 11" scored at 5-1/2"
- Snowflake Magic Specialty DSP 4" x 5-1/4" (unfortunately this appears to be sold out)
- Pretty Peacock Glimmer strips 3/4" x 3-5/8"
- Joyous sentiment from the Joy of Noel stamp set fussy cut
- Large leaves and berries from the Joy of Noel stamp set. Image colored using Pretty Peacock and Lost Lagoon Stampin' Blends. The berries were colored using the Pearlized Enamel Effects. This takes a little bit of time to dry so apply the Enamel Effects last and set it aside to dry.
- Real Red ribbon tied in a bow and attached to the leaf bouquet.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! We will see you back on December 28th with a new challenge.
Thank you and be sure to check out what the rest of the design team created.
Today's project features something from the 2023-24 Annual Catalog, an Online Exclusive, and something coming in the upcoming 2024 January-April Mini Catalog.
- The card base is Basic White Thick Cardstock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored at 4-1/4".
- The Basic Black layer is 4-1/8" x 5-3/8".
- The Basic White layer is embossed using the Sweet Citrus Hybrid Embossing Folder (Annual Catalog).
- The Basic Black CS Squares were cut using the upcoming (2024 January-April Mini Catalog) Perennial Postage dies. These dies are going to be so fun and useful.
- The Basic White CS inside of the Basic Black CS are 1-1/8" squares.
- The fruit were colored using Real Red, Old Olive, and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends and the images are from the Simply Sparkling bundle (Online Exclusive).
- All the fruit were also covered in Wink of Stella for a little shine.
- The ribbon is the Black and White 1/4" Gingham Ribbon.
This a quick and easy card to put together and can be used for lots of occasions. I am keeping the center blank until I need to use it.
Thanks for stopping by,
Ready for another Festive Friday challenge? What is the Festive Friday challenge? The Festive Friday challenge is a bi-weekly challenge that is inspired by a holiday/festivity. An Inspo list of 10 items is created using the festivity as its inspiration. To play in the challenge you need to use 3 items from the Inspo list on your project and enter it in the Festive Friday gallery. We love seeing what you choose from the Inspo list and look forward to seeing what you create.
I chose from the Inspo list White, Brown, Red, and Christmas pudding. Are you wondering what is Christmas pudding? I had to look it up, isn't the internet wonderful? Christmas pudding should have 13 ingredients representing Jesus and the 12 disciples. Here in the US we would call it plum pudding or figgy pudding. I am not sure I have ever eaten it so I had to also look up what it looks like.
I am not sure this is an accurate depiction of Christmas pudding.
- Card base is a Basic White note card.
- DSP layer is from the Joy of Christmas DSP 3-1/4" x 4-3/4"
- The pudding base is Early Espresso CS cut using the Fluffiest Friends dies (the die that looks like a dome.
- The icing is Basic White CS also cut using the Fluffiest Friends die. The edge was hand cut to hopefully look like icing.
- The Shaded Spruce CS was cut using the holly die from the Magical Meadow dies.
- The glittery berries for he top of the pudding were cut in Red Glimmer paper using the Christmas Classics dies.
- Both sentiments from the Merriest Trees stamp set were inked in Real Red and stamped on Basic White CS cut using the Stylish Shapes dies.
The holly, berries, and sentiments were all popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals.
Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team created using the Inso list.
The Festive Friday Challenge will be back on January 5th 2024 with new challenges! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
It is Thursday and time for a new Create with Connie & Mary Challenge. This week it is a color challenge.
Here's what I do when starting to work on a color challenge. I pull out the cardstock for the colors in the challenge. I look through the DSP (Designer Series Paper) to see if there are any that have the challenge colors in them. If still nothing comes to mind I pull out any ribbon and/or embellishments that are in the challenge. Doing these things usually sparks some ideas.
The Balmy Blue & White ribbon is what sparked the idea for the card.
- Misty Moonlight CS Card base 4-1/4" x 11" scored at 5-1/2".
- Balmy Blue CS layer 4-1/8" x 5-3/8".
- Basic White CS 4" x 5-1/4" embossed with the Snowflake Sky 3D Embossing folder.
- Basic White CS cut with the Banner die from the Nested Essentials Dies.
- The "greenery"(really Misty Moonlight and Balmy Blue) Magical Meadow dies.
Let's talk about the sentiment. The sentiment is from the Christmas Classics stamp set. I wanted to emboss it but didn't have any red embossing powder. This is what I did. I inked up the stamp in Versamark ink first and then a Real Red pad. This colors the sentiment and the Versamark makes it a little sticky and will hold the embossing powder. I sprinkled Clear Embossing Powder over the sentiment and then used the Heat Tool.
Inside I stamped a sentiment from the Beary Cute stamp set. I also added a few more dies from the Magical Meadow dies.
Thank you for stopping by and be sure to check out what the rest of the design team created for the challenge,