Ready for another Festive Friday challenge? What is the Festive Friday challenge? The Festive Friday challenge is a bi-weekly challenge that is inspired by a holiday/festivity. An Inspo list of 10 items is created using the festivity as its inspiration. To play in the challenge you need to use 3 items from the Inspo list on your project and enter it in the Festive Friday gallery. We love seeing what you choose from the Inspo list and look forward to seeing what you create.
I chose from the Inspo list White, Brown, Red, and Christmas pudding. Are you wondering what is Christmas pudding? I had to look it up, isn't the internet wonderful? Christmas pudding should have 13 ingredients representing Jesus and the 12 disciples. Here in the US we would call it plum pudding or figgy pudding. I am not sure I have ever eaten it so I had to also look up what it looks like.
I am not sure this is an accurate depiction of Christmas pudding.
- Card base is a Basic White note card.
- DSP layer is from the Joy of Christmas DSP 3-1/4" x 4-3/4"
- The pudding base is Early Espresso CS cut using the Fluffiest Friends dies (the die that looks like a dome.
- The icing is Basic White CS also cut using the Fluffiest Friends die. The edge was hand cut to hopefully look like icing.
- The Shaded Spruce CS was cut using the holly die from the Magical Meadow dies.
- The glittery berries for he top of the pudding were cut in Red Glimmer paper using the Christmas Classics dies.
- Both sentiments from the Merriest Trees stamp set were inked in Real Red and stamped on Basic White CS cut using the Stylish Shapes dies.
The holly, berries, and sentiments were all popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals.
Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team created using the Inso list.
The Festive Friday Challenge will be back on January 5th 2024 with new challenges! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!