It is time for the Festive Friday Challenge #FF0042. This challenge marks the start of something new. The Festive Friday challenge Inspo list. We are still being inspired by upcoming festivities but now you can choose from 3 different items from the Inspo list to use to create your project. I think this will be a lot easier, more fun and hopefully will inspire you to join in the challenge!
I chose to use these three items from the Inspo list; black, gold, and birds for my project.
This is a tri-fold card. It is fun and easy to make.
These lovely birds were die cut from the Bird Ballad DSP . The polka dot pattern is also from this paper pack. The Bird Ballad DSP is one of the packs that qualify for the Buy 3, Get 1 Free promotion.
This is the inner panel. The sentiment is from the Here's A Card stamp set.
Ready to make this fun card?
Stamps: Here's A Card 149438
Free As A Bird 149468
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento pad 132708
Petal Pink Light Stampin' Blends 146866
Paper: Petal Pink 146985 4-1/4" x 11" scored at 5-1/2"
Basic Black 121045 4-1/4' x 5-1/2" scored at 1/2", 4" x 5-1/4"
Whisper White 100730 4" x 5-1/4"
Gold Glimmer 146958 3" x 7-1/2"
Bird Ballad DSP 149592
Dies: Layering Oval dies 141706
Stitched Be Mine dies 148527
Embellishments: Petal Pink Organdy ribbon 149441
- Die cut an oval (use the #6 oval, #1 being the smallest) in the 4-1/4" 5-1/2" Basic Black cs. Use the long scallop stitched die to cut along the edge of the Basic Black card stock.
- Place the #6 oval die on the Gold Glimmer paper and the #7 scalloped oval around it. Next to it place the #6 scalloped oval and run them both through the die cutting machine.
- Adhere the Gold Glimmer oval frame around the oval cut out in step 1.
- Layer the 4" x 5-1/4" Basic Black cs on to the front of the Petal Pink cs. Make sure that the fold is on the bottom. Layer the polka dot pattern from the Bird Ballad DSP on to the black card stock.
- Attach the Basic Black flap (1/2" score line) to the back of the Petal Pink card base.
- Use the #6 oval to cut out the birds from the Bird Ballad DSP. Adhere it on to the remaining Gold Glimmer oval. Position the ovals on to the polka dot pattern so that it fits the oval on the Basic Black flap.
- Stamp the sentiment and the flower on the Whisper White card stock. Color the flower using the Petal Pink Stampin' Blend. Adhere to the inside of the card base.
- Tie a bow using the Petal Pink Organdy ribbon and secure it to the front of the card.
Be sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team created for Festive Friday Challenge #0042!
Here are links to where these Stampin' Up! products can be found.