Sneak Peek Sale-A-Bration... Adorable Owls
November 24, 2022
It is time for another Festive Friday Challenge! National Letter Writing Day is the festivity we are featuring on the Festive Friday Challenge. What is the Festive Friday Challenge? The Festive Friday Challenge is a bi-weekly challenge that has an Inspo List. What is an Inspo List? Every challenge has an Inspo list aka as an inspiration list, that has 10 items on it and those 10 items were inspired by a particular holiday, celebration or festivity. You need to use 3 items from the Inspo list on your project. You do not have to incorporate the festivity into your challenge but if you want to, you can. Here is a link to more information about how to participate in the challenge.
I was lucky to be able to attend Stampin' Up!'s most recent event, On Stage. Attendees were given the opportunity to pre-order select items. One of the items I chose was an upcoming (Jan-Feb 2023) Sale-A-Bration choice, Adorable Owls. It is a super cute set featuring 3 different owls and 3 sentiments. I usually do not like to post sneak peeks this far in advance but the little owl was the perfect size for my project so I couldn't resist using it.
From the Inspo List I used Hello Sentiment, Envelope, Ink, and Embossing Folder.
Isn't he adorable? I love the bow tie! Let's dissect the project.
- Basic Black card base- 4-1/4" x 11" scored at 5-1/2".
- Black & White polka dot DSP from Black & White Designs DSP 4" x 5-1/4".
- Black oval -Framed Florets dies.
- Basic White oval-Framed Florets die embossed using the Thanks & Hello folders.
- Envelope stamp is from a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Business set that is no longer available but I think it would be an easy one to draw freehand.
- Owl colored using Pool Party, Soft Suede, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends.
- Sentiment from the Sending Smiles set stamped on a Stitched Rectangle in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
- The itty bitty hearts were cut using the Framed Floret Dies. I adhered a small strip of Foam Adhesive Sheets to a strip of Real Red Glimmer paper and then cut them out using the heart frame. These little hearts all puffed up are so cute!
Inside I added another strip of the polka dots and another, this time much larger Real Red Glimmer heart. This heart was cut using the Give it a Whirl dies.
For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the Festive Friday Challenge Design team.
Sharon Hashimoto Burkert-you are here
Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to seeing your challenge card in the Festive Friday gallery!