Welcome to the Creativity Abounds Blog Hop! We are a group of international Stampin' Up!® demonstrators. We hop together on the third Wednesday of every month. Our hops focus around a particular bundle, holiday, occasion or product suite. Every month we create a tutorial bundle. The tutorial bundle is available as a gift with a qualifying purchase or can also be purchased. This month our theme is Fun Folds!
We also offer a stamp camp three times a year. The next stamp camp will be in February 2023 and will feature a suite from the 2023 January-April Mini Catalog. The suite we have chosen for the next stamp camp is…By the Bay! More information about the stamp camp can be found HERE.
Fun folds are just well fun. It is amazing what a cut here or an extra fold there can create. My card requires just 2 extra cuts from a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”(14.9 cm x 21 cm) card so it is simple to make so you can spend more time figuring out how to decorate it.
The colors I used are Calypso Coral, Pool Party and Evening Evergreen. The flowers in the Two-Tone set are 2 Step stamping. This means there are 2 different stamps used to create the beautiful shading on the image. For the larger flowers I used Calypso Coral. I found it easier to stamp the darker lined/definition first and then the lighter solid image on top of that. I thing everyone has their own preferred way. The lined/definition stamp was stamped full strength and the solid image was stamped off (stamped first on another piece of paper) and then over the the definition image. This creates the beautiful flowers. You could also use 2 different colors to create the flower. The Evening Evergreen leaves were stamped off once. I wanted the color to be a little more muted. The flowers and leaves were adhered on to a Basic White Layering Circle and then on to a Pool Party circle using the Stylish Shapes dies. The sentiment is from the Days to Remember set.
Here are the details of the card.
- Pool Party Card Base- 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” (14.9 cm x 21 cm folded in half) scored at 4-1/4”. Cut a slit from the fold to the bottom of the front of the card 1-1/4” (3.5 cm) in from the side. Repeat on the other side. These are the “arms”.
- Cut a 1” x 4-1/2” (2.5 cm x 13 cm) piece of Window Sheet. Attach the ends of the window sheet to the “arms” 1/2” (1 cm)up from the edge of the front of the card.
- Cut four 1” x 4” (3 cm x 10 cm) strips of the Fancy Flora DSP for the arms and inside of the card.
- Adhere a 2-3/4” x 4” (7.5 cm x 10 cm) piece of Fancy Flora DSP to the center panel.
- Stamp and die cut the flowers and leaves.
- Die cut a Pool Party Stylish Shapes circle (2-1/2” circle/6.5 cm)
- Die cut a Basic White Layering Circle (2-3/8”/6.3 cm)
- Stamp the sentiment and adhere the flowers to the Basic White circle.
- Attach the circle to the “arm” portion only with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach Calypso Coral Iridescent Pastel Gems as shown.
- Stamp Happy Birthday on Basic White CS and die cut using the Stylish Shapes banner die.
- Adhere the Happy Birthday banner to the center panel only, positioning it to show through the Window Sheet.
- Stamp and die cut Pool Party flowers and adhere it to the banner only.
- Attach the remaining DSP strips to the inside of the card so it mimics the look of the front of the card.
- Cut a 3” x 4” (7.8cm x 10 cm) Basic White piece and attach it to the inside of the card, between the 2 arms. This piece should be hidden behind the center panel. Adhere a 3/4” x 3” (2 cm x 7.8cm) piece of DSP to the bottom.
- Stamp and die cut a flower and leaves and attach it to the DSP strip.
Time to keep on hopping!
Thank you for stopping by and be sure to check out below how you can receive the Creativity Abounds Fun Fold tutorial.
Place a $50 order through my online store and receive this bundle (13 tutorials!!) as a thank you. You can also purchase the tutorial bundle for $15.00. Please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to purchase the tutorial.